🤔 Did you ever think that becoming a parent could make you a better marketer?
👶 As Kevin Indig and Eli Schwartz discuss in their recent conversation, there are some hidden lessons in parenthood that can actually make you a better digital marketer.
Here's what they learned:
1️⃣ Patience: A key skill trained by parenthood.
- SEO campaigns and content marketing often take time to generate results.
- Patience helps you maintain a consistent strategy and not jump to conclusions prematurely.
2️⃣ Emotions: Connecting with your audience on a deeper level.
- Children express raw, unfiltered emotions, making it a learning opportunity to understand human emotions better.
- Marketing is all about connecting with emotions, and observing children can provide valuable insights.
3️⃣ Management & Adaptation: Parenthood hones your management skills.
- Managing a child's needs and emotions requires flexibility, adaptability, and quick decision-making.
- These skills can be translated into managing marketing campaigns and client relationships.
👉 While children may not be direct consumers, they can teach us valuable lessons in marketing, especially in understanding emotions and managing different situations effectively.
00:02:10 Parenting lessons and how they apply to life
00:11:15 Changing the narrative
00:13:24 Learning marketing principles from observing children
00:14:59 North Stars in Marketing and Life